Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy birthday darling Olivia

I can't believe she is 6!!! We had a great day celebrating her! It started out with her new favorite breakfast, german pancakes, then opened a ton of presents. The girls played with their new things for awhile until it was time to go to her party.








We took her and some of her friends to a great place called 'Amazing Jakes'. They have a buffet, bumper cars, go-karts, laser tag, a ton of arcades and other rides. The kids had a total BLAST!!!

We took in cupcakes and she pretended to blow out the candles (since they didn't allow us to light them).

The next day we did an easter egg hunt with the family and sang happy birthday to her one more time.

Some of my favorite, once a year, Olivia-isms:

She still says some words wrong - blankLet, Talar-lar (guitar), sawL (I sawl it in the car).

Her favorite jokes to tell - Livi: "Mom, ask me if I'm a truck." Mom: "Are you a truck?" Livi: "No." hahahaha! AND "there are 2 muffins in an oven. The one says to the other, boy it sure is hot in here. The other one says AAGGHH! A talking muffin! (But she ALWAYS leaves out the part "the other one says" and just goes straight to the AAGGHH. Every time. :)

She says to me the other day "Mom, sometimes I squeeze my toes together straight for a long time, and when I let go, they feel fuzzy. And it kind of tickles. And I laugh."


She is SOOO creative and comes up with solutions to problems. She can figure almost anything out.


She loves loves loves to do arts and crafts and cut and glue and color and create.

She loves to be in charge! She can organize a group of kids, any age, and have them playing some game with new rules (that she just made up on the spot) and they all follow along.
She loves to play 'mom and baby' with Lily and every once in awhile, if she is in a good enough mood, she will let Lily be the mom. Lily usually puts her in time-out so it doesn't last long though.
She is really good at helping me with Toby, holding and playing and making sure that he is entertained, especially when I can't get to him for a couple of minutes.
She is READING and doing addition/subtraction, learning sentence structure and to recognize patterns, correct use of the symbol 'greater than and less than', and writing darling stories. It is so fun to see how she spells words using her sounds.

She wrote me a card the other day to let me know that she loves me and even though she says mean things when she is mad, she doesn't mean it. This is exactly as she wrote it:

"I love you mom frum Olivia. Wut I men dosit hpin you ar my bes mom evr." Translated is: "What I mean doesn't happen you are my best mom ever."

She is so thoughtful and helpful and wants to be recognized for doing good things. I love her dearly and hope that as she grows we will become better and better friends.

1 comments:

The Brower Bunch said...

That is too cute! Easton says the same thing about "I sawl it". Your little guy is getting so big and such a cutie!